Installing the Reflector firmware on to your Barix unit(s)
Posted by David Davidson on 26 July 2011 02:05 PM
Setting up the Barix Boxes for Reflector
Log into the boxes at their local IP address.
Download the firmware here:
- From the main page, select Downloads (the link is located in the middle of the upper title bar).
- Then from the Downloads Center, select Broadcasting and then select Reflector. You should now see a link for the most current version of the RTP STL and Reflector STL firmware.
- Click on it and you will be prompted to sign into their site. If you haven't already set up an account for their site, the username and password window that pops up has an option for registering for an account.
Do the following steps to install and run the reflector application.
- After downloading the firmware's zip file, extract the abcl_stl folder within it to a location you will be able to find it easily (your computer's desktop is most recommended).
- Then, go to back to the Barix box’s web interface and select the Updates tab
- Click on “Please Start Update”. It will count down and then take you to the update boot loader page.
- Then next to the resource window, Select “Browse”
- Browse from the Update page to the location you unzipped the update folder to, go to the “Update Rescue” folder and select the compound.bin file.
- The box will indicate when the upload is complete and will then reboot.
- If the page doesn’t refresh after the reboot, hit F5.
Go back to the Update page and verify that the firmware version is correct.
- Go to the Defaults tab and click “Reset to Factory Defaults”
- Then go to the Reboot tab and make sure that "Reflector-based STR" is selected. If not, select it and then click Reboot”
us-reflector.streamguys.com and eu-reflector.streamguys.com
- Finally, go to the Configuration page and click Reflector. Make sure that the Reflector Client URL's are:
- If they aren’t, enter them in and hit apply. Once you've done so, the update is complete.