iTunes submissions - Getting listed in iTunes Internet Radio Directory
Posted by Jason Hatchett on 29 October 2015 11:22 AM
iTunes Station listing
Submit it to iTunesradio@apple.com
TO ADD, EDIT, OR TROUBLESHOOT YOUR LISTING:
1) All emails must have one of these three subject lines as follows:
2) If you have updates for several stations, please forward all requests at once and into one email. Please attach the information in a document (Excel, Pages) if there are more than three updates.
3) We will only accept requests from the contact that we have on file for the station or a station owner. Listeners, friends, station personnel not listed with us cannot make requests on behalf of a station.
4) **UPDATED SUBMISSION FORMAT**
Submission requests must contain all of the following information and be submitted directly into the excel spreadsheet we have provided for you, available for download here:
Station Name (this must be the name as it is used in your station’s official branding; you may not change your name to start with 'A' to be listed higher unless it is a legitimate part of your station's name)
Once you have completed your spreadsheet with all of the above required information, save your work and drop the excel file into an email with the remaining necessary station information attached directly in the body of your email:
Stream Type (MP3, AAC or AAC+)
Cover Art: attach a 1400 x 1400 JPG or PNG image using RGB colorspace to your submission form
Here are a few examples of station descriptions that will result in an automatic rejection:
- The BEST Hits On The Air E V E R !!
- Beat Central --> Broadcasting Your Favorite Tunes !
- STREAMING HARDCORE HOUSE **24/7**
- your official station playing NON stop jams
Here is how the above stations should read in order to be considered for approval:
- The best hits on the air ever!!
- Beat Central, broadcasting your favorite tunes!
- Streaming hardcore house 24/7
- Your official station playing non stop jams
If you are a Live365 station, make your iTunes submission request by emailing iTunes@live365.com.
If you are a Radionomy station, make your iTunes submission by emailing iTunes@radionomy.com.
5) Station update requests must contain the following information:
Station name (this MUST be the name as it exists in iTunes) Contact person name, email and phone number The specific update you'd like us to make ONLY (do not resubmit information that is remaining unchanged)
If you have updates for more than three stations, please submit all modifications into an excel spreadsheet.
Please note that if you are sending station updates via an excel spreadsheet you may not include station submissions in the same file, and vice versa. Please keep station submissions and updates in separate excel files.
6) Further notes:
Please ensure that your station stream works properly in iTunes:
Remember: only .m3u, .mp3 and .pls formats are compatible with iTunes. IP addresses (with these format streams) are also acceptable. .asx, .wma, .qtl and other various formats are NOT compatible and should not be submitted for consideration.
iTunes does not guarantee specific times of updates, station addition or station maintenance.
Additions and changes may only be made to the directory included with iTunes 11. No changes can be made to older versions of iTunes. If you do not see your station, first ensure you are using the latest available version of iTunes, available here:
Station names, descriptions, and URLs may be edited to conform to our editorial and technical standards.
We may remove your station at any time, without notice. We may not re-add a station depending on the issues surrounding its takedown. In most circumstances, we will attempt to contact you when we remove a station, using the contact info you provided to us.
Please allow up to 5 business days for your station to be added before inquiring about its status.
Questions about iTunes Radio?